Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Our Month of Halloween!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween and month of October! Our month of Halloween kicked off that first week when we "Booed" some of our friends. It was so much fun for the kids and I to try to be sneaky and leave some holiday treats on their doorsteps. (Since I actually made the caramel corn, I decided to tell the people that it was us dropping off the treats so that they didn't think someone random was trying to poison their family!)


Next up was a trip with our playgroup to Del Osso Farm for some pumpkin patch fun! It was just Mikayla and I this morning, so we just picked out a couple tiny pumpkins so that Morgan could join in the pumpkin picking fun later! 

At first she was trying to pick up all the pumpkins, but quickly realized that they were far too heavy.  So instead, she just went around giving them hugs.....


...and sitting on them! 
Is she seriously almost 3 feet tall!?!? Where does the time go!

My sweet, beautiful girl! 



She was very happy to pick out the bestest little pumpkins to take home. 

On our second trip to Del Osso, we took Morgan and Daddy with us so that we could all do some pumpkin picking, jumping in pumpkin inflatables for the kids and ride on a tractor ride through the corn stalks...but, since I had a baby in the belly, they said I couldn't go on the ride, so I waited while they went. We were going to do all the fun stuff like the petting zoo, the train ride, the corn maze, etc. but the kids were both just so excited to pick a pumpkin, we decided to save the money and just pick out two of the biggest pumpkins we could find!

If only that hair wasn't in her face this picture would have been perfect! So pretty. 

Both of my babies sitting on the pumpkins. 

She was sitting there telling us about her requirements for what makes the perfect pumpkin. She found this one and was all about it being the most perfect pumpkin ever...then she went to pick it up and put it in the wheel barrow, made this super cute face, and changed her mind! haha


Daddy and the girls on the tractor ride. 

Pumpkin gut fingers!

Hard at work with Daddy. 

The pumpkin guts that daddy tried to get her to eat!

Our jack-o-lantern! Morgan really wanted a happy jack-o-lantern face, and even though I  am usually against  carving these faces as opposed to something  like a ghost or a mickey or something, I think it came out very well! Good job Morgan!


My sweet girls all ready for their halloween party with some of their friends. (well, mostly Morgan's friends)

Take note of the costume....the next day, when it came time to get dressed in our bumble bee costume for trick or treating, the tights decided to hide and we wound up doing a last minute costume change. 


My girls all ready to trick or treat!


Even though she wanted to be a bee, she was  also really happy about being a pumpkin! Thank goodness I dodged that bullet because it could have been a VERY long night if she hadn't taken to being a pumpkin!

Arrrrrgh! My beautiful pirate!



Add caption

Trick or treating with Mikayla's friend, Scarlett and her family this year since Daddy had class. 

Me and my girlies!

I know they aren't looking in this picture, but I love how Morgan's face is so "take charge."  Very  "alright, Mikayla, lets go this way." 
On their way to go seek out the candy!

And candy they found!!! SO excited!

Checking out her loot!
 Well, we went out early, a little after 6, being that it was a monday evening and Morgan had school the next day, and we were home by about 7. I got them each a couple pieces of candy and then got them ready to take showers and head to bed. However, just before I turned the water on, Michael called and said he was leaving class and said he wanted to trick or treat with his girls, so back on went the costumes and they were given a few more pieces of candy while we waited for him to get home! Just after 8, we were back out going around our neighborhood. Literally, we were the last trick or treaters out and called it a night at about a quarter til 9! But seriously, those girls came home with SO much candy! There is no way they can eat that much, so I may have to "help" just a smidge....or maybe I already have....maybe. ;)
Add caption





The baby and I in a shirt I had made just for this occasion! In case you can't read it, it says "My lil pumpkin!" I love it and wore it a few times this season. :) 

I tried to get a belly shot (at 34 weeks) but Daddy is NOT the best photographer! Hopefully this gets the idea across. 
Okay, so I always was so envious of those people who had the chance to paint their bellies like pumpkins as I never had that chance with the other two girls being that I never knew I was pregnant in October! So with this pregnancy, I was super excited the whole time to be able to do this! Don't ask me why, but it was something very fun for me and Morgan had fun helping me paint. I'm really glad I got the chance.
That was our Halloween 2011! Never again to be the same as next year I will have a 10 or 11 month old, a three year old, and a six year old girl in tow. Wow, this is definitely getting real now! Our family is about to change in a huge way, and I'm so excited, but VERY nervous! Time to go break into that candy...don't tell the girls! 

1 comment:

  1. Me loves the pics and the pumpkin belly painting is beautiful! Something that you will always treasure! Oh, and the girls looks so cute in their costumes! You are becoming quite the picture taker too! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete