Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Morgan's First Soccer Team




In August this year, we started Morgan in soccer. It was really very important to me that she at least give one sport a shot as a kid, just to see if she liked it and to give her that experience. I always liked playing soccer as a kid, and more than that, I always liked that my parents gave me the chance to experience all kinds of different things like dance, gymnastics, soccer, tee-ball, tennis, swimming, and ice skating. I wish that I could say that I could give my kids the chance to try all of these things, but I know that with having three kids and one income, there is no way I'm going to be able to. I really hope that I can at least give them each a shot at a few of these things so that they can each find something they really like. Anyway, at first, Morgan was having a hard time because everyone on her team had played soccer before and most of them were actually in 1st grade. I'm telling you, some of the kids on this team were unbelievably good! Morgan was a little upset after the first game because she didn't understand it, which made me sad, but after that, she really made the effort to learn the game. She learned so much and got so much better over the course of the season. By the end of the season she was actually running with the ball  (actually kicked it a few times) and played a great goalie in one game, too! I really couldn't be more proud of her. 

Here are pictures from her first game. 

This is her practicing before the game...the only time she touched the ball. 

Playing around with one of her teammates. 

Snack time!

Ahhhh yes, and this is a shot from the actual game! Summer saults on the field!


Even though she wasn't quite sure what was going on in the game, she still had a good time. :)

Then right before the end of the season, she got to play goalie. She stopped both of the goal attempts that got near her! She was really so good! 
Practicing with her teammates and getting some pointers from the coach.


Having a little dance-y moment before the game started. 

She had a song and dance that she was doing while the ball was down on the other end of the field. It was quite entertaining. 

My little goalie! This was by far her favorite game of the season, and I was so proud of her! 



And now to the last game...


Blue hair for the last game of the season!

Go Smurfettes! 

Notice we're now running, not doing summersaults. 

This was the other team's star player, and that is Morgan about to run her  out of bounds. Although I don't think it was intentional at all, I was still so proud of her, and she was pretty proud of herself, too! 

After game snack...but of course, she wouldn't look at me!

The Smurfettes! They were undefeated the whole season! So proud of all these girls, but especially my little monk.  I was so proud of how she kept at it and really improved so much. 

One last hands in. 

My little soccer player!

And after the season is over, of course, there must be a pizza party and trophy night! 

Morgan and her little friend, Emma. These two are seriously two peas in a pod.....two very crazy peas in a pod! 

See what I mean? They were hilarious and bouncing off the walls all night! 

Had to get some Smurfette cookies made for the party! 

The adorable "trumphies," as Morgan calls them. 

Could NOT get her to smile at me, but this is her getting her trophy and her cookie from Coach Frank (left) and Coach Terry (right.) 

The Smurfettes, Morgan's first soccer team. A great experience for her. 
So excited, she now has two trophies: this one and one from her dance recital last year.

You knew there had to be cake! 

No comments:

Post a Comment