Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Willing to trade baby sister for yellow puppy

Morgan has been on a kick lately of wanting " a yellow puppy like woof-woof (her stuffed animal) that barks." She lets us know it all the time, and even lets out a soft whimper and a single tear will roll down her cheek, just far enough that she has to lift her pretty pink glasses and wipe it away with her sleeve. It is this terribly pitiful picture that just makes me want to break down and go get her a puppy. However, I'm allergic and lately, the allergy has been getting worse, so no such luck with getting an inside dog. Michael doesn't want to get a dog if it is going to live outside, plus we have no room in our yard for a dog at all. Also, we really can't afford any extra family members at this point in time, so really, a puppy is not in the cards. PS, don't even mention a hypo-allergenic dog, I've been through this with Michael and he thinks they're all ugly or "tiny yappy dogs."

Tonight my darling 4 year old, my husband and I were playing "tent buddies," where we all sit under a tent made of a blanket and two rolling chairs in the office and hang out. Morgan then started telling us about how she wanted a puppy like woof-woof, along with the aforementioned whimper and tear. Michael responded to her with "well, we can't afford a dog right now, but maybe if we sell baby sister we could get one." Morgan sniffled and without missing a beat said "yeah, we could sell baby sister and then get a puppy like woof-woof."  A little surprised that she was so quick to slap a price tag on Mikayla, I said, "no, but you would miss Mikayla if she wasn't here," assuming I'd get nod and maybe a "yeah, you're right." Instead, "Yeah, but then I'd miss a puppy, too." .

No comments:

Post a Comment